Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Ideas, NaNoWriMo, and . . . Prince Zuko?

Hey guys, here’s another rambling blog post to slate your thirst:

I have many projects buzzing around in my head and, what with both old and new characters chatting, it’s a wonder I don’t have a headache. Sleep is being reread; my circus novel is being planned, using the screenplay as an outline; just yesterday, I wrote a crappy short story and accidentally entered it in a contest before I could edit. More on why I’m such a dummy soon. Anyway, few days ago, I was introduced to yet another new character, a main one if my assumptions are correct. Her name is Mei . . . or Mai. Either way, it is pronounced like the month of May, rather than “my”. Although I am unsure of the spelling of her name, I am fairly certain her story is going to be a novella set in the world of my novel Sleep.
Only you don’t know what that is yet, do you? Ha ha! Because of this, I have decided to prepare a snippet to post from my rough draft. There is a twist, mind you. I need people to actually read the post, which means people will need to follow the blog as well as comment. I’ll see how it goes through the rest of August, and if nothing changes, there will be no post.
In other news, NaNoWriMo is coming up in about two months. I’m debating on which story to write this year. Should I rewrite as much as I can of my novel Sleep, or start the circus novel? Wait— I am allowed to rewrite a novel, am I not? Let me know in the comments section below, please.
You may have noticed my picture change. There exists a reason behind that, mind you, as with many things I do. A brilliant TV show exists, one so amazing I can hardly put it into words, called Avatar: The Last Airbender. I should be posting more about it soon, as I am preparing for one at this moment. Until then, I can tell you where I think the inspiration for my newest baby Mei/Mai came from! You see, in this show lives one of the sexiest boys of all time: Prince Zuko. Unfortunately, for all the raving fangirls, he spends most of the third season kissing a girl named Mai— oh look, here’s a picture of them both!




Her name is also said the same way as May, not “my”. However, the letters “AI” make a sound like “I” instead of “A”. If I have not lost you, hopefully you’ll be able to pronounce her name correctly as well as spell it. Especially if I ever get around to letting this new character shine. : )


More coming soon!
"Alex"

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I can't wait for NaNo! And I share your great love for Avatar. It's kind of the most amazing TV show known to mankind. ;) OMG ZUKO IS SO HOTTTT. *No pun intended, haha* I am jealous of Mei. I WANT TO MAKE OUT WITH ZUKOOO. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disliked Mai at first only for that reason. lol!
    Wehn NaNo comes around, I'll add you as a buddy. I heard you were doing a robot-terrorist story! Neat!

    ReplyDelete