I have plenty of updates, since I neglected to do so in the last couple weeks or so. Sorry for the delay, guys. I’ve been busy. Very busy— ridiculous! :P
One: I’m sure some of you have wondered about my NaNoWriMo Novel. Sadly, I didn’t win; I have yet to get rid of my procrastination fairy. I begun strong, but got lost somewhere near week two. At end of week four, I was suddenly like, “Oh crap! NaNo ends in . . . four days!” On top of that, I was spending those four days with a friend. I brought my laptop along with me, but it died. *sigh* Them, I found a computer a just wrote as much as I could. I ended up around 14,000 words of so. The goal was 50,000. However, I plan to finish chapter eighteen of Sleep (thus ending part one) and then return to Her Fear of Heights. That’ll take about another month to finish and edit since it is a short novel. Then, I’ll polish it, ship the adorable book off to my uncle and wait for him to put it in book-form, complete with a cover of my choice. Not publishing, of course. Though, my family will enjoy it and stop hounding me about Sleep for a bit.
2. I have mid-terms this week. I don’t have to take P.E, Spanish II, or English. Yay!
3. I’ve been READING! What with NaNo, I didn’t get to focus on my Book Challenge, but I promise I’ll save that for June, and double the amount of books. For now, here’s a list of the books I’ve read from November to today.
- Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters (okay, this is in October, but I’m eager to review it!)
- Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (late October)
-To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Luna by Julia Anne Peters
- Persistence of Memory by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Chill Factor by Rachel Caine (#3 in the Weather Warden series)
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
I’ll review there is separate post, so as not to get too cluttered.
These are the books I’m currently reading:
- Windfall by Rachel Caine (#4 in the Weather Warden series) I have about 100 pages to go!
- Willow by Julia Hoban (I just started this. I’m on the second chapter.)
- Kissed by an Angle trilogy by Elizabeth Chandler.
There are three books in one, all bound together. I’m halfway through the first: Kissed by an Angel. The next is The Power of Love and the last is Soul-mates.
3. Two weeks ago, my Grandparents came from Arkansas to see us. We live in different states, so we only get to see them every summer. I was home sick with my sister on Thursday and I’d stayed home Wednesday, too. The doorbell rang when we were both drinking hot chocolate. I was like, “Don’t answer. It’s somebody selling something.” Of course, she ignored me, ran to answer the door. She came to a standstill, mouth agape, and screamed, “Nanny!” Of course, I was like, “Huh?” and ran to go see what the heck was going on. Sure enough, there they were!
We hung out for a bit, then had to go pick up my brothers from school. Luckily, we got chicken! Yummy! That night we got Christmas gifts. I got a lot of money/gift cards, too sets of P.J’s, and Twilight Woods shower gel and body spray. Friday, we stayed home from school and went shopping. I bought a books from Wal-Mart ( of course), went to Old Navy like Mom requested and bought three shirts (plain purple and red and a black-and-white stripe shirt), along with a nice black jacket. We ate, then went to Barnes and Noble, which is Heaven for me!
Books I got that weekend: Thirst by Christopher Pike, The Maze Runner by James Dashner, Arch Enemy by Frank Beddor (#3 in the amazing Looking Glass Wars trilogy), and Rage: A Love Story by Julie Anne Peters.
So that’s about all I’ve been doing. Promise to have more updates from now on, okay? J Oh, and as a small treat, I’ll be posting Sleep’s Preface soon!
Still waters always run deep!