Friday, December 18, 2009

Distractions

Jeez, where’d the day go? Today was the last day before the holiday break, so I was free to do what I wanted when I got home. I played Sims3 on my laptop for . . . about three hours. Then my Sim got old, died, and I became bored. Of course, there was sort of nothing else for me to do, then . . .
Anyway, to celebrate the almost-accomplished finishing of Part One of Sleep, my friends and I are planning a little party. :D Cake and character drawings and fun! I’ll take pictures, I promise, and show them to you the next chance I get.
Why the joy, exactly? I’ve been working on (writing, rewriting, writing more, rewriting, adding and editing) this part for nearly two years now. Two years in April, because I begun a month early in hopes I could give it to my best friend for her birthday. Which I did— only it wasn’t even halfway finished. Not to mention it was a rough draft. ‘Nough said. Anyway, that year, I went with her to Pensacola, Florida; we read seven chapters while there. :D
In case you haven’t noticed, this is a big deal to us. Hopefully to you guys as well.
I have to go and write now, unless I want to have a party for no reason . . .
Ha! That’d be fun, if only it wouldn’t mean failure. Talk to you later! :D

“Alex”

No comments:

Post a Comment